Sunday, March 22, 2009

Valentine's Day Course 2: White Onion Soup with Chive Truffle Oil

For our second course on Valentine's Day, I decided to make White Onion Soup with Chive Truffle Oil. This recipe was also found on Epicurious. Here is the recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/White-Onion-Soup-with-Chive-Oil-15102

I made this soup and the chive oil the day before and kept them in the fridge. When we were ready for our second course, I heated up some soup, shaved some Parmesan cheese on the soup and drizzled some of that beautiful chive oil on the soup.

This soup was very boring. The only interesting part was the chive oil (I MUST find another use for this delightful culinary treat!) and the Parmesan. This soup was so boring, we never finished it!! The rest of the soup went into the garbage! (This is a lot from us, Awesome Sauce is usually quite the bottomless pit and will eat even some of our biggest culinary disasters just to not waste it!). I wasn't impressed.

Here are pictures of the process and the finished product:


The white onions are in my soup pot slowly cooking down.




The finished product!! Yeah...I added a lot of shaved Parmesan and Chive Oil to attempt to make it tasty...

Ratings:

The Clumsy Gourmet: 3
Awesome Sauce: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment