Friday, January 30, 2009

The Blog is Changing Already

It has been almost a month since I have started to cook for this blog. I have only made four items out of Mark Bittman's How I Cooked Everything. I had hoped I would be making a few recipes every week. I haven't stopped cooking, in fact, this month Awesome Sauce and I have made new recipes of french dill bread, butternut squash soup, roasted acorn squash, garlic and parmesan mashed potatoes, Jack Daniels sauce, Jack Daniels steak, Jack Daniels pork rips, miso steak, turkey and black bean chili, thyme steak, parsley potatoes, miso soup and maple balsamic vinaigrette. These were in addition to my every day cooking with my staple recipes. I have simply realized that I am not the type of girl to stick to only one cookbook! I need to play the field a bit!!

I do want to expand my repertoire and learn how to make the classic foods in Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything, however, to keep my interests going I need to be able to seek out other recipes and to try new things on my own. I missed out on blogging all of those recipes this month because I was trying to stick to posting about one cookbook. From now on I will blog any new recipes I try or any variations I try of my favorite recipes. I will commit to making at least four recipes from How to Cook Everything per month, but I will also post the pictures and results from other recipes I attempt.

Similar copyright rules will apply as before. If the recipe is from a cookbook, I will indicate the recipe name, the cookbook and the page number where it can be found. If the recipe is online, I will post the recipe with credit to where I found it. If the recipe is one I made up I will happily tell you what I did.

I look forward to being able to blog more of the food that I make and trying new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment